Monday 10 September 2012

The Muse.

We can be our own Muses I am sure of it. We just need to Trust and push ourselves into the position for it to Flow through us and to happen.
I fellow artist has been having a similar stumping as I have been having lately. Deanne Williams you can read what she has to say about it, just click here name.
I too have been pulled in directions that were not arty and have zapped my creativity. After a lovely lunch on Friday, with a friend who had been to the States for two months, a look at what Tara Axford is doing with found art and a trip to the city to see a clever friend and the main shop that has been selling my bowls I felt energised full of ideas but not wanting to go into the "studio". So I pushed myself to go in and stay there. I sat and looked around at all the half finished projects. I didnt know where to start but I just took the ones taking up the most room and set too. It too made me think  - if I just come in here it will come. Taking a tea break I read Deanne's great blog and there it was in her words backing it all up. Thank-you.
Just sit down, stand up at your art space with your supplies and keeping trying to make any-thing. It will come it will come.
Trust and it will Flow.



2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's not glamorous, but "showing up" and doing the work is what makes the good stuff! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that's it. Show up and the rest will come. I've always found that to be true :)

    ReplyDelete