Friday 17 February 2012

Mr Beatties Gifts Of Life.

Today was the funeral of a very dear and special man. Mr Beattie. Who was he ? He was a Britt who loved to Animate and loved to teach it. He was my teacher at QCA. He past away on the 11th of February 2012. I wanted so much to go to see him laid to rest but sadly I could not. Leading up to 10am I thought about him and what his life had ment to me, how I could show him what he ment to me. At 10am I stopped, pulled out my note/drawing book and pencil. I started to draw. I knew the only way to honor him was to make an Animation today. I knew that as much as I would like to do that I would not be able to fulfill this today but I could start the idea. I ended up coming up with the best idea. To represent what he did and combine it with the first exercises that he ever taught us all. I was so stunned at the ideas flowing though me. I have not had doable film ideas for, well, let's just say a long time. Thank-you Mr Beattie you live on in all of us that you have taught. I always find myself trying to comfort people who have lost some-one by saying, remember all the good times you had, be thankful for the time you had with them, not morn what you will never have. Here I am, finding myself celebrating the time I had with Mr Beattie and the gifts he gave me. Here I am still receiving gifts from him after he has gone. So I say thank-you Mr Beattie, thank-you.

No comments:

Post a Comment